On 2nd December 2020, Panasonic announced a strategic decision to close its Business Communications business globally, with a timeframe of two years.
MPS is committed to the on-going support of its customers Panasonic systems, whilst noting a shift to the cloud and an exponential increase in MPS Cloud Voice Solution sales at the expense of on-premises systems.
Panasonic announcement as follows:
I am writing to inform you of a strategic decision Panasonic headquarter has made, which is to regrettably close the Panasonic Business Communication business (PBX, SIP, and Scanner categories) in a time frame of two years from today’s announcement.
In recent years Panasonic has worked hard to find a way to continue the business by making our organization and its relationships with partners as sustainable as possible. However, it has become apparent that this is not possible to continue given the current business environment based on the limited capability of factory resources as described below.
- A sharp decline of the market and rapid shift to cloud-based solutions.
- Technological mismatch between factory resources/assets and future market needs and trends.
- Lagging behind our competitor’s R&D activities.
- A constant financial deficit due to the reasons above.
- Shift to new types of demand (Teams, Zoom, etc.) significantly accelerated by Covid-19 which makes the future of our business untenable and unpredictable.
It is with great sorrow that we close our business, especially one that has decades of history and trust.
Panasonic team will be in touch with your distributors to discuss and study supply scheme going forward and we will be at your disposal to clarify any of the aspect of this decision.
Head of Business Communication Business Unit
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe a division of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH. Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH is a company registered in Germany at Hagenauer Strasse 43, 65203 Wiesbaden, Germany. Registered in AG Wiesbaden HRB 13178
Copyright 2020 Panasonic System Communications Company Europe