2020 sees the 24th anniversary of our Director, Tim Docker, taking charge of MPS, having completed a management buy-in on 6th January 1996. Back then, the company was called Midland Phone Services plc and the business was just the sale and support of Panasonic telephone systems.
We’ve had some incredible highlights in the last 24 years with Tim at the helm.
- In 2000, we added mobile services to our portfolio and were appointed an O2 partner.
- 2003 saw our first acquisition, when the company bought Belworth Telecom Ltd.
- In 2004, we became a Cisco partner and introduced IP, data networking, internet and cloud services.
- In 2006, we made our second acquisition, buying ADV Maincom Ltd.
- We took the leap and introduced the MPS brand in 2008.
- In 2010, we became a Microsoft Partner, introducing IT services to our portfolio.
- Our third acquistion took place in 2012, when we purchased Telecall Ltd.
- 2014 saw us win the first of many awards, when we picked up Communications Provider of the Year at the General Practice Awards.
- In 2015, we adopted our current name of MPS Networks plc.
24 years ago, Tim completed the management buy-in of Midland Phone Services. He’s not changed a bit!
“24 years of unprecedented change. A great time to be at the sharp end of ICT.”
Tim Docker, Director
Since 2015, we’ve continued the evolution of our products, services and skills to consolidate our unique converged offering of fixed and mobile, voice, data and IT solutions. We’ve become a Microsoft Gold Partner, leveraged all aspects of the Cloud and won many more awards; all testament to the team’s dedication, commitment and hard work.